Chile or Argentina (remote role)
This is a hands-on engineering position that will rapidly require project/people management skills as the company grows and possibly evolve into a leadership position.
● Start date: ASAP
● Location: remote
● Market-competitive compensation commensurate with experience
● Chief Technical Officer – based in San Francisco area
Your mission will be to lead the software development effort of the company in close collaboration with the Chief Technical Officer. You will be responsible for delivering a world-class platform using scalable, modern frameworks while defining and implementing best-in-class software engineering processes that will allow the company to achieve rapid growth.
● Write, test and document the code base for all the components of our platform (PWA frontend, headless CMS, e-commerce backend) which are forked from open source
● Define and Manage our development, release and deployment process
● Manage/Administer our AWS infrastructure
● Define and Implement our software QA and CI/CD pipeline
● Manage external contributors: contractors, freelancers
● Develop and grow the engineering team and culture
You will be expected to constantly make decisions to satisfy the need for rapid results without compromising the long term robustness, flexibility, and maintainability of our platform.
You will need to leverage your previous years of experience to fast-track our trajectory in multiple domains.
Personality and Motivation
● You believe in our mission
● You are result-driven and resourceful
● You are autonomous and need minimum guidance, and yet you are able to follow instructions and open-minded when being mentored
● You want to experience a typical Silicon Valley startup way of working
Required Technical skills
● A total of 5 years (or more) of software development experience in a full-time position
● 2 years experience in one or more backend/server language (e.g., Rails, node.js, PHP)
● 2 years experience with a modern frontend framework (e.g ReactJS, Vue.js, Angular)
● Modern cloud software development tools & process for versioning, testing, and deployment
● Containerization (docker, docker-compose, Dockerfile)
● API development & testing (Postman, Swagger)
● Shell and Python scripting
● Practical knowledge of AWS products command-line administration (EC2, ELB, VPC, etc.)
● Experience implementing testing frameworks and CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, BrowserStack)
Nice-to-have Technical skills
● Experience of travel industry standards for information exchange (e.g. OpenTravel)
● Experience with front-end A/B testing
If you are interested, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with salary expectations.